About the company database
In this new company database, companies can submit information on their traditional line of business as well as other areas of expertise. Areas of expertise make it easier for businesses to network as listings expand beyond core business lines.
Companies are responsible for the correctness of information they have submitted. The database sends a message every six months asking the company to update its business information. If the information is not updated, the company data will be removed from the database. The company database works in Finnish and English.
You can choose several lines of business as well as sub-businesses. You can also find keywords in the sub-listing. These keywords make it easier for companies to network as listings expand beyond core business lines. Search by Name searches for the words you have entered amongst all data.
You can organize your search results alphabetically from A to Ö and vice versa.
All selected search criteria appear under the search fields. You can delete them one by one by clicking on the search criteria in question, or clear all search criteria by clicking Clear all search criteria.
For more information about the company, click Open Business Card. You can either print or share a single business card via email.
In case of problems, please contact us through this form
How to submit business information in the database
Under Submit a Company, companies can add their own data in the business register database.
- Firstly, you need to register as a company representative by clicking “Add a new company”. This enables you to create a username and a password. After registration, you will receive information about your username in your email.
- After registration, you can log onto the page and add your business information in the directory.
- Data entry in Finnish.
- Add logo in either jpg or png format.
- Enter the website URL (include http://).
- Choose the terms that best describe your line of business, sub-business, and keywords
- Submit the information.
- BusinessOulu will be informed about the addition of a new company, and it will be approved by BusinessOulu before the information is published in the register.
Data entry in English
- After submitting information in Finnish, you can also fill in the information in English. This information will also be published after it has been approved.
Updating or changing information
- You can update your business information at any time, or even delete it.
- Log in, after which you will find the information about the company/companies you have submitted.
- Open the business card to edit information.
- At the end of the Edit page, there is a Delete button in case you want to remove the company from the directory.
- The system sends an update request every 6 months. If the information is not updated, the company data will be removed from the directory.
Companies are responsible for the correctness of information they have submitted.